Thursday 8 November 2012

Dard se mera daaman bharde with English Translation

Poet/Shayar: Qateel Shifai
Singer: Jagjit Singh and Lata Mangeshker
Album: Sajda


Dard se mera daaman bharde with English Translation

Dard se mera daaman bharde, ya allah
Fill my heart with pain, O Allah 

Phir chahe deewana karde, ya allah
Then if you wish, turn me into a crazyman, O Allah

Maine tujh se chand sitare kab mange
When did I ask for the moon and stars
 

Roushan dil, bedaar nazar de, ya allah
Make my heart enlightened and my eyes awakened, O Allah

Suraj si ek cheez to hum sab dekh chuke
We have all seen a thing called the sun

Sachmuch ki ab koi saher de, ya allah
So give us some real dawn now, O Allah

Ya dharti ke zakhmon per marham rakhde
Either relieve the pains that are there on earth

Ya mera dil patthar kar de, ya allah
Or make my heart, a heart of stone, O Allah

9 comments:

  1. Very nice job.
    I read this Ghazal first time in newspaper when i was a child and since then i became Ghazal fan.
    Bought a Sajada Cassette after that.
    Aapke translation ne yadain jinda karadee....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most beautiful.Anadam ho Gaya. Bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the translation and lyrics. It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for giving the translation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for giving the translation. It is apt.

    ReplyDelete